(Please note that Amtrak OIG is not a federal agency; these are not federal government positions)
Join with the Inspector General to help make America’s railroad operate more efficiently and effectively. We are seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference. By conducting or supporting independent, objective audits and investigations of the programs and operations of the National Passenger Railroad Corporation (Amtrak), you could directly contribute to our mission of providing independent, objective oversight of Amtrak’s programs and operations; preventing and detecting fraud, waste, and abuse; and providing Congress, Amtrak management, and Amtrak’s Board of Directors with timely analysis about Amtrak’s programs and operations. Join us as we continue to build a model OIG centered on independence, teamwork, diversity, work-life balance, and value-added oversight. Next stop…the Amtrak Office of Inspector General!
Current employment opportunities at Amtrak Office of Inspector General are as follows:
|Position||Posting No.||Location||Closing Date|
|Auditor (3 positions)||90217326||Washington, D.C.||4/8/2018|
|Senior Auditor Lead (2 positions)||90232174||Washington, D.C.||4/8/2018|
How To Apply
Submit your application on the Amtrak Careers Portal
- Click here to go to the Amtrak Jobs Portal (http://jobs.amtrak.com/).
- Search for job and complete the application process
Please submit your resumé and cover letter only; other documents--such as federal forms, diplomas, certifications, etc.--will not be reviewed.
What to Expect Next
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail following successful application submission through the Amtrak website. If you do not receive an email, please review your submission to make sure that you completed the final step.
- Resumés will be screened and qualified candidates will be submitted to the hiring manager for further review.
- If selected by the hiring manager, you will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we respectfully request that you refrain from contacting us to follow up on your application.
Amtrak does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on an individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran's status. Amtrak administers its hiring, discipline, promotion, compensation, benefits, training and all other company activities in compliance with this policy.
To request a reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the pre-hire process, please complete and submit the Americans with Disabilities Act Reasonable Accommodation Request form (link below). Requests for reasonable accommodation on the job (post-hire) should be made after acceptance of an offer of employment.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Reasonable Accommodation Request Form
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Click here to contact the Amtrak OIG, Human Capital team.